Conductor: Stephen Carpenter
Guest Conductor: Graham Lloyd
After a hiatus of over two-years, since our last concert in December 2019, Heidelberg Wind Ensemble are welcoming you back to our music-making concerts at St. George Anglican Church, East Ivanhoe.
Most of the works have been put on hold since 2020, but the programs also feature new works in our repertoire. What better way to begin a wind band program than with the music of Percy Grainger – Molly on the Shore. Our guest conductor, Graham Lloyd, will be conducting his own work Concerto for Band, we present a Harmoniemusik selection, an arrangement of Puccini’s Turandot and Huapango by Moncayo. Our other Australian composition featured in this afternoon’s concert is Cam McAllister’s The Spirit of The Dandenongs, a première performance, and a rousing conclusion with Grainger’s Children’s March: “Over the Hills and Far Away”.
“The Spirit of the Dandenongs”
- Grainger: “Molly on the Shore”
- Lloyd: “Concerto for Band” (cond. Graham Lloyd)
- Puccini: “Turandot” – Suite for Band arr. by Brian Sadler
- McAllister: “The Spirit of The Dandenongs”
- The Mountains
- Ducks Dancing on Lake Emerald
- The Ghosts of Olinda, Puffing Billy
- Moncayo: “Huapango” – a four-part Fandango for Wind Band
- Grainger: Children’s March: “Over the Hills and Far Away”